ANR Programme 2009-2012
|A Joint Programme on Justice and Governance in India and South Asia
(Hosted by Centre for Himalayan Studies)
MA and MPhil - Paris X, PhD - SOAS, University of London
Associate Professor(Anthropology), LUMS Lahore
- Holden, Livia ed. (2011) Cultural Expertise and Litigation: Patterns, Conflicts, Narratives, London: Routledge (paperback edition 2012).
- Holden, Livia (2008) Hindu divorce: A Legal Anthropology Aldershot: Ashgate.
- Holden, Livia, Hannken-Illjes, Kati, Kozin, Alexander and Scheffer Thomas (2007) ‘Trial and error: Failing and learning in criminal proceedings’, International Journal for the Semiotics of Law, 20/2, 159-160.
- Holden, Livia (2004) ‘Official policies for (un)official customs: the hegemonic treatment of Hindu divorce customs by dominant legal discourses’, Journal of Legal Pluralism 49, 47-74.
- Holden, Livia (2003) ‘Custom and law practices in Central India: some case studies’, South Asia Research, n.23, 115-133.