ANR Programme 2009-2012
|A Joint Programme on Justice and Governance in India and South Asia
(Hosted by Centre for Himalayan Studies)
HEADLEY, Zoé E.
Research Fellow (Chargée de recherche), CNRS, attached to the Centre for Indian and South Asian Studies (CEIAS), Paris (EHESS-CNRS)
- 2010-2011 British library (Arcadia) grant to conduct a pilot project, in collaboration with the IFP & JustIndia. The project is presented in her research blog "Caste, Land and Custom". Its purpose is the constitution of a digital archive of vulnerable documents of Tamil agrarian history and investigating issues of Tamil customary law.
- 2009 Fieldwork grant, EFEO, Paris-Pondicherry
- 2007-2008 Clemens Heller post-doctoral fellowship, affiliated to the South Asia Institute (SAI), Heidelberg University, Germany
- 2006-2007 Lavoisier scholarship for a project on Caste, representation and democratic process in India : an essay in political anthropology, affiliated to the South Asia Institute (SAI), Heidelberg University, Germany
- 2001 Laureate of a scholarship of Ecole Française d’Extrême Orient
- 1999-2000 Indo-French Scholarship (MAE-ICCR)
- 1999 Scholarship for language training (MAE) in the Tamil Summer School (IFP, Pondicherry)
Management of research
2010-2011 Coordinator of the pilot project: Rescuing Tamil customary law: locating and copying endangered records of village judicial assemblies (1870-1940).
- (forthcoming 2011) « Of dangerous guardians and contested hierarchies: an ethnographic reading of a south Indian copperplate» », in Murugaiyan, A., (éd.) Studies in Tamil Epigraphy: Historical Sources and Multidisciplinary Approach. Cre-A Publishers, Chennai.
- (2010) « Caste and Collective Memory in South India », in Clark-Deces, I. (éd.) A Companion to the Anthropology of India. Blackwell Publishing, Oxford, pp. 98-113
- (2007) « Genealogies of affliction. Aetiological regimes and causal assessment in an Indian sub-caste», Indian Anthropologist, Special issue « Ethnographies of Healing », vol. 37, n° 1, pp. 29-48.
- (2003), with Delage R., Identités et territoires en Inde, Proceedings of the 6th Ateliers Jeunes Chercheurs en Sciences Sociales, organized by AJEI, 17-21 February 2003, University of Calcutta, Department of History, Kolkata, India, Newcon Global Services, Pondicherry, 139 p. http://www.ajei.org/files/AJCSS03Actes.pdf